Friday, August 1, 2008

Madsen Donuts - Yummy

After having one of the best meals in a long time at Piero's (see the previous entry) I needed something sweet so I headed down and across the street to Madsen Donuts at 5428 Lake Road. The sign says that it has been there since 1938 and I believe them. This is genuine scratch donuts made the old fashion way. The shop is small and you can watch the donuts in various stages of being made so you know these are fresh. A small glass counter has the donuts; you may be disappointed in the variety, I counted 8 different kinds, but you will not be disappointed in the flavor. I had the creme stick and the cinnamon stick and they were delicious. Flavorful and fresh with rich real flavors and good texture. If you watch Alton Brown's Feasting on Asphalt on the Food Network, this is the kind of place he would love. So if you need a sugar fix and are in the Geneva area, head to the strip and grab some donuts, you will not be dissapointed.

3 comments:

  1. Five of us are making the 80 mile drive to Geneva-on-the Lake this evening specifically to recapture childhood memories of Madsen Donuts.
    Someone mentioned them last week and that's all we have been able to think of since. As soon as work is finished, creme sticks here we come!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. NOSE RING IN MY JELLY DONUT
    5426 Lake Road East
    Geneva-On-The-Lake, OH 44041
    (440) 466-5884

    my family visits Geneva several times a year
    and they allways stop and get donuts from Madsen donuts
    to bring home to me
    well i bit into it and about half way down in my Jelly donut I found a
    *** metal nose or lip ring ***
    YUK
    I called thir Ph #440-466-5884
    and spoke to Keith Biery
    and told him about it
    and of course his answer was he didnt Know what it could be
    so i sent him a picture
    and told him that next time my family bought donuts if he poped for two dozen the problem would be forgoten

    i sent him pictures and told him that my wife thought that the girl that seved her had lip rings

    HEY SHIT HAPPENS

    he called me back
    and told me it wasnt his problem
    and he wasny going to do any thing

    *** NEXT TIME YOU BUY A MADSEN DONUT YOU MIGHT ENJOY LIP JEWLERY***

    YUK
    Posted by hardmedina at 10:13 AM 0 comments
    Labels: MADSEN DONUTS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Growing up my gram and pap had a house right on the lake and we would walk down thru town and get donuts for breakfast in the morning. I live in pittsburgh and am planning to drive the 3 hours some weekend just to get a creme stick. They are amazing and I will never eat a donut in my life without thinking about madsens!!!

    ReplyDelete