Friday, January 16, 2009

Miles Market - Produce Treasure Trove

With the combination of the winter weather and the bad economy I admit that I am not getting out as much as I would like, and especially I am not getting to roam about and discover new places. So I thought I would do some blogs on some of my favorite places, especially places that you can get a good deal on the food. Cleveland is blessed with some very good markets; you have the West Side Market, during the summer you have the assorted farmers markets around town, but the place that I go to most consistently for my fruits and veggies is Miles Market. Located at 28569 Miles Road in Solon, the market has been expanded over the years, now it has produce, wine and beer, bakery, deli, meats, seafood, prepared food and just about anything else you could want to prepare a meal. Lets start with the main reason that I go to MM, the produce. MM is one of the major distributors of produce in the area, so that means that the fruits and vegetables that you get at MM is some of the best and freshest you will find. The selection is excellent, with a good variety and I like that most of the produce is not prepackaged, you get to pick what buy. Being a single guy, I will buy produce and use it over a week or two. One thing I have found is that the produce from MM seems to stay fresh longer then that purchased from other vendors. Generally the prices are good with the weekly specials being very good. In addition, you will often find unadvertised specials in the market. Going through the aisle of natures bounty, you should be inspired to create some wonderful dishes. The bakery at MM is very good, with wonderful baked goods and breads. The prices are not cheap, but you do get a quality product well prepared and nicely decorated. Generally MM will have a muffin, bread and pie special each week. The deli, butcher and fish sections are well stocked and offer fine selections of products. You may not get the cheapest products here, but you will get quality and freshness. The prepared foods section is also very good. MM offers both fully cooked foods, including the new seafood section of the olive bar and ready to cook selections. It is well worth considering picking up a dinner here to have a restaurant quality meal without paying all the extras such as tax and tip. I strongly recommend Miles Market, it offers a wide selection of very high quality foods at reasonable prices. This is a true example of the difference between value and cheap. You will find places that offer cheaper prices, but you probably won't get the same quality. True value is when you get good or great quality at a reasonable price.

No comments:

Post a Comment