Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Romeo's Pizza - Free Small Pizza

While watching the Cavs the other night I saw the Romeo's Pizza ad that said you can sign up for a free pizza, so I figured I would give it a try. On the Romeo's website http://www.romeospizza.com/ you will see a sign up on the upper right corner. Fill in the information and they send you an email with a coupon for a free small one item pizza. Romeo's is a smaller local chain and the closest store for me is in Twinsburg. I called in my order and the pizza was waiting for my pick up. The small is about 8" with 6 slices. Overall I would rate this as a pretty good pizza. The crust was medium thick, with a good texture and taste, a little bit dense, but better then most. The sauce was sweet with large chunks of tomato, I would have preferred a bit more spice, but that is me. The cheese was thick and pretty good, although a bit mild, I would have preferred more of a Provolone bite. I had my pizza topped with carmelized onions, which were good if a bit sloppy, also they added a bit more sweetness to an already sweet pizza. My overall impression was this was a good, if a bit sweet version of the pizza. The biggest downside was a lack of adhesion between the crust and cheese; this was definately a case where the cheese was headed off the slice. In the end a good pizza and to get it free is a great deal, if there is a Romeo's pizza by you I would take advantage of the deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment