Thursday, April 10, 2008

Introduction and Mission Statement

Cleveland is a great city to eat in. Recently we have started to get more national and regional attention. There is good reason for this, we have some great restaurants. As part of this we have some very good resources for finding restaurants. You can get great food reviews from Elaine T. Cicora at the Scene magazine. There are some very good bloggers, who cover the Cleveland area. What I want to cover is some of the lesser known local spots, dives and little ethnic places. Who am I to give my opinion. I am a corporate attorney living on the East Side. I eat out quite a bit. In addition I have worked in quite a few restaurants over the years. I was primarily a waiter but at various times I have been a busboy, host, assistant manager and bartender. I still am friends with quite a few restaurant people. As for my food preferences, by my choice I do not eat meat or foul. I have no moral issue for me, this is strickly a personal dietary choice. I am fine with what anyone wants to eat. Because of my diet I favor ethnic places over traditional American Restaurants. I like spicy foods and love trying new things. What kind of place do I like, well it depends, but I much prefer locally owned places to chains, especially little family places. I enjoy fine dining, but really love to find little out of the way places that may not be in the best neighborhood, but do serve good authentic food. OK, what about some of my favorite restaurants (all of which I will cover more fully in future posts): Shuhei, for Sushi and Japanese, both because of the quality of the food and great service and because Sonya and Hiroshi are good friends and great people. Chinese take out - several are good, but Richie Chans at Cedar Lee is the best, with consistently good, reasonably priced food with a wide variety of uncommon dishes. Korean - Seoul Hot Pot is a wonderful little spot on Payne with great food and an improved decor. Cambodian - Phnom Penh, I know most people around Cleveland know how good they are, but I started going when it was a little 3 table place on Detroit. So let me know what you think. Drop me a comment about a restaurant I have reviewed or leave me a suggestion of one of your favorite places. Eat well.

No comments:

Post a Comment