Monday, April 28, 2008

Noisy Oyster - Akron in the Valley

So I'm riding my motorcycle out through the Cuyahoga Valley National Park along the canal and looking for a place to get a quick lunch. Just as I hit Akron, I noticed a little bar in a small strip that has the interesting name of the Noisy Oyster and says fresh Seafood. So I figure why not give it a try. The outside is not terribly impressive, but inside the place is actually bigger then you would have guessed. A bar with a number of TV is on one side with a glass walled dining room next to it. Decor is nothing special, but acceptable. The menu is medium sized, but does offer a bunch of Seafood you wouldn't expect. I tried the Seafood Chowder and the Steamed Clams. Lets start with the Chowder. A Manhattan style, ie tomato based soup is loaded with small shrimp, fake crab and fish. And it is good. Thick with seafood and vegetables, there almost isn't enough room for the soup part. And nicely seasoned with just enough heat to keep it interesting. The bowl was not huge, but definitely filling and well priced at $4.95. The dozen clams came out on a metal platter with a bowl of butter to dip and a lemon wedge. The clams were nice sized, cooked very well and tasted just right. At $6.95 a dozen I thought this was a good value. I did see the guy down the bar get a dozen fresh oysters and they looked very nice, both in size and freshness. The service was good and friendly. Daily specials are available, and my new friend down the bar was saying the steak special was good. A good place to go if you are out in the Cuyahoga Valley and looking for a place to catch a nice bite and possible some libations at a reasonable price. I know that I will back to try some more of the menu. Noisy Oyster 1375 N Portage Path Akron, OH 44313 (330) 864-7500

1 comment:

  1. The place was dirty and the food was mediocre. I would not return.

    ReplyDelete