Friday, May 2, 2008

Cowboy Food Drink - Chagrin Falls

When I got off work the other day the weather was too nice to sit around so I got on the motorcycle and cruised out to Chagrin Falls figuring I would check out Cowboy Food Drink. Cowboy is at 8586 E. Washington in Chagrin Falls, right at the intersection of E. Washington and Route 306. Its been about a year since I had been out there and it seemed like a good time to check it out. Cowboy has been through some changes over the past couple of years, there has been a change in ownership, in the kitchen and a 2nd location in Mentor has opened and closed. Still with all that the changes have been minimal. For those who have not been, Cowboy is a restaurant and bar all in one. The decor is a mix of western theme and sports bar, with plenty of TVs tuned to sports, mostly hightop tables and a menu that features Southwestern and BBQ favorites. The overall atmosphere is fun and friendly and there is a stage for bands to play on during the weekend. The concept is to serve high quality food at a reasonable price in a fun manner. This time around I found the food to be generally good, although possible a step below what I remember. I had the fish tacos, 2 soft shell tacos with grilled white fish and the usual salad and sauce. The tacos were ok, with some of the fish, which was cut into small cubes tasting a bit fishy. The sauce and guacamole was good, but lacked distinctive tastes. Definitely needed some hot sauce which zipped them up. I got to pick 2 sides, in a carbo loading mood I got the Sweet Potato Fries and the Mac and Cheese. The fries were wonderful, fresh crisp, tasty and just sweet enough. The mac and cheese was good, although I was disappointed that it was a wet version rather then a baked version, still it was cheesy and thick. Overall a good meal at $10. For those carnivores, I have heard that the Pit Smoked BBQ is very good. With Pork, Ribs, Chicken and Brisket available there is a good variety. Service was friendly and prompt. The menu has seemed to stay basically the same for several years with the prices largely unchanged. I think overall Cowboy food is a great alternative to Chili's, or Ruby Tuesday's with good food, a great atmosphere and enough to keep you busy for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment